We go through all sorts of trauma in life. While growing up, while getting old, etc. I have had a long list of traumas. Here goes :- rolling down the stairs, knocking my head into an open fridge door, falling into an open drain, spraining my ankle on the basketball court, lost my wallet, visit to the dentist etc ….. The list can go on, Trauma need not be huge, even though it can be.
Unresolved trauma gets stuck in our system and affects our daily behavior.
- Wife who divorced a cheating husband finds it hard to trust man in general.
- one beaten by a snake is afraid of sticks
- one who rolled down a flight of steps had some of its cells stuck in fear mode, resulting in unexplained tensions or recurrent headaches
So many, I can again name you some of mine, a more major one, simply to illustrate the detrimental effect of un-processed trauma possibly present in a system.
I had taken on a workshop assignment to teach a 3h Braingym class. The night when the class is suppose d to happen, my ailing father who was then cancer-stricken, started to show fluctuating heart rate. This is a sign of someone struggling with their final breathe. I attempted to cancel the workshop but the organizer wouldn’t allowed me. I struggled and decided to fulfill my obligation instead. As I drove to the workshop venue, my whole body was shaking uncontrollably . [Later on, i learnt that shaking, was a way the body deal with trauma, in an attempt to process the huge emotion grief I was experiencing]. By God’s grace, i completed my teaching, and when the class ended, my father had passed on. For a good period after, I didn’t to dare to take on anymore workshop/teaching assignment, for fear, something bad may happen. This is a classic example of the Trauma and how it can be imprinted unto out system.
Trauma resolution work can happen in many forms. In my study, I have come across numerous modalities that included a trauma component:-
- In Upledger’s Craniosacral Therapy and Somato-Emotional Release work
- works with cranial rhythm and the inner physician (check Amazon.com for John Upledger’s literature. He has written well and the literature in this area is pretty comprehensive by me )
- Dr David Berceli’s TRE Trauma-release exercise (https://traumaprevention.com)
- this can be done as a self-care exercise, once you have attended the workshop and knows how to activate the body to start ‘shaking’. One gets more guidance and facilitation with the help of a TRE facilitator.
- Biodynamic CranioSacral therapy (bodyintelligence.com)
- this is by far the most gentle way of trauma resolution I have come across, with a very gentle touch and gave the body plenty of space to process
- Dr Chikly’s Lymphatic Drainage Therapy and Brain Therapy
- this is by far the most efficient intervention I have come across. It works FAST. very FAST.
- Dr Christi-Bonds Garrett’s Aromasounds Therapy
- the most comforting and comfortable intervention; one gets to enjoy almost like a massage with nice smelling essential oils and tuning forks!
- Peter Mendel’s color puncture
- this is a very multi-dimensional approach as Peter Mandel to me, is beyond-this-world. This modality has helped many US veterans overcome PTSD from the war.
Of course, the list doesn’t end here. I have written only what I know and have come across. Most of these modalities often referred to the foundational writings on Trauma by Peter Levine (Waking the Tiger – Healing Traumas).
To me, the common thread underlying most healing modalities is VIBRATION. I particularly resonated with Dr Ibahim Karim’s concept on Physics of Quality detailed in his book “Back to a Future For Mankind” , the musical note “C’ resonates with the color RED, which, also resonates with the root chakra and the list goes on. Its vibrational in nature.
SOUND therefore, can also be used in healing, and for that matter, trauma resolution as it is also vibrational in essence. Music is a popular form of sound healing. I got to encounter a special set of frequency called the Sacred Solffegio frequency from the teachings of Dr Christi-Bonds Garrett, creator of RAINDROP HARMONICS and had the privilege of learning under her on the Sacred Solfeggio Vibrational Raindrop Therapy. This is a set of ancient frequencies used for healing. In particular, 3 of the frequencies, 396Hz, 417Hz and 528Hz are found by the Japanese to be suitable for use during sleep for mental and emotional regulation ! This was incorporated by AMLIFE into their latest Deep Sleep Amsonic model of therapeutic mattress, combining electric potential therapy, far-infra red therapy and Amsonic technology for use in holistic health regulation in sleep! These frequencies are very powerful. They key ideas for the frequencies have been summarized as follows, and not limited to what is listed:-
- 396Hz – Releases Guilt and Fear
- 417 Hz – Transformation / Removes Negativity
- 528 Hz – Miracle DNA/Love/ Abundance
TO ME, everyone of those frequencies have a trauma-resolution component. For all trauma related work, there is a process, and good solid grounding is essential in working hand in hand with trauma releasing. In any form of trauma-related work, SAFETY is very important. if you take some minutes to view one of Peter Levine’s youtube here, he explains the idea of a ‘CONTAINER’ in order for one to feel SAFE for the traumatic energy to be processed. CONTAINER, SAFETY, GROUNDING to me are various way of wording the same thing needed for trauma processing, and the key word TO ME is SAFETY.
What I am wiring next comes from my years of therapy and trauma work on the table. For people who get involved in any form of trauma release process, and did not feel good/ cannot sleep well after, TO ME, the body needs more GROUNDING for the system to feel SAFE enough to process through the TRAUMA. There are various aspects of GROUNDING :-
1)That which Peter Levine introduces in his youtube, exercises that creates a ‘CONTAINER’ for the system to feel safe enough to discharge
2)In acupuncture terms, the central and governing vessels have to be freely flowing for the system to energetically GROUND, and this can simple be achieved by running a hand along the central and governing vessel multiple times along their meridian pathway in the direction of flow
3)make sure one receives enough electric potential (can be done through electric potential therapy by using the Amlife mattress, on electric potential mode). There must be sufficient time on mattress for the body to do this grounding well.
4)walking. (by far my favorite). Duration varies but long walks really helps.
5)Those who are familiar with the Om tuning fork from AROMASOUNDS; applying Om on KI-1 point and on CV-4 really helps. Multiple application may be required.
6) Essential oils that helps with grounding (such as Valor, Hong Kuai, Cypress, Grounding, Northern Light Black Spruce, Idaho Blue Spruce), and applied on the sacrum
7) Deep Breathing.
One or more intervention may be needed, and again of course, this list is not exhaustive.
Why bother to resolve trauma in one’s system? For me, trauma resolution brings about a better quality of life in all aspects. And after all, Jesus is here so we can be free 🙂 and not be bound. Free from trauma, we can enjoy more choice, which means more freedom from all aspects, on a multi-dimensional level.